I found this in a cookbook from college. It's an excellent way to use up your zucchini's in the summer and makes your house smell wonderful.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Beat eggs in a large bowl to blend.
- Add oil, sugar, and vanilla and beat until thick and foamy.
- Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, orange zest, and nuts.
- Stir gently into zucchini mixture to blend.
- Bake in 2 greased loaf pans at 350 degrees.
- Check after 50 minutes by testing with a toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean bread is done, if not put back in for another 5 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- * For 4 small loaves, bake approximately 35 - 40 minutes.
Thanks! I think this is a great recipe - good flavors that come together nicely. Instead of all the oil, I used 1/2 c applesauce and 1/2 c oil, which I think makes the bread bake up a little faster - mine was done in about 45 minutes. I'll definitely make this again.
Perfect. I didn't have the orange zest, added raisins. Baked 50 min, and may have been 5 min too long, or that I baked in 2 9x5 pans. Any ideas on size of loaf pans? Will shorten next time, but I chalk that up to oven variances, not your recipe. My husband has given this a Top 5 spot, which is not to be snickered at! Will make again, and again. And will try to have the orange zest at hand, that sounds even better. Thanks for the most special recipe.
This is a Wonderful recipe! Very moist and spicy. I will be using this Recipe from now on. Everyone who tasted it wanted the recipe. Thank you for posting it. Judy