1/1 Photo of Zucchini Orange Bread
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A variation on zucchini bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pans.
- 3In large bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-coloured; gradually beat in sugar.
- 4Add oil, orange juice and zucchini.
- 5Stir in remaining bread ingredients; mix well.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 7Bake at 350°F degrees for 45-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from pans; cool slightly on a rack.
- 10In small bowl, blend glaze ingredients; spread over warm loaves.
- 11Cool completely on wire rack.
- 12Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 254.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g