1/3 Photos of Zucchini Dessert Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
This pie is so good I actually ASK people to give me zucchini so I can make it. If you like pumpkin pie, you will probably enjoy this pie as well. (In fact, when fall rolls around, this is the recipe I use to make my pumpkin pies.) The original recipe is from my husband's great aunt Gin. I have found it works well to freeze the puree for winter use. I just warm it slightly in the microwave before adding it to the other ingredients. That way it will be more like when I make it with freshly cooked zucchini. I have also found it works fine to use a can of sweetened condensed milk in place of the evaporated milk, sugar and honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the puree, skin the zucchini and cut it up into 1-inch chunks.
- 2Microwave on high, until easily pierced with a fork, about 9 minutes, stirring once.
- 3Pour off any water (very important!).
- 4Puree in the blender.
- 5Mix zucchini puree, honey and dry ingredients together.
- 6Warm milk and add with eggs to zucchini mixture.
- 7Use hand mixer to blend well.
- 8Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie crust.
- 9Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350°F and bake for 40-45 minutes longer; OR until knife inserted slightly off center (about half way between the center and edge) comes out clean, center will be wobbly.
- 10Cool for about 2 hours and then chill for several, if desired.
- 11Serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Dessert Pie
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 461.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g