These decadent brownies have a full-serving of vegetables plus plenty of vitamins and fiber thanks to the shredded zucchini mixed into the batter. Recipe is from a local magazine. The number of servings really depends on the size they are cut.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shred the zucchini into a large bowl of salted ice water.
- Let sit for 30 minutes; drain well.
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until smooth.
- Add drained zucchini.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate morsels and nuts, if desired.
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan and even out with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.