This recipe is tried and true,infact I've used it for over a dozen years. Terrific to help get rid of that bumper crop of zucchini out in the garden. I will even shred the zuchinni and freeze it in ziplocks for the winter time when I go on my baking sprees. The spices really make this recipe, thanks to the cinnamon and cloves. Enjoy!!!
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (3 medium)
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, if desired
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches or 1 loaf pan, 9X5X3 inches, with shortening.
- Mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves for 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour to 20 minutes, until tootpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack.
- Cool Completely before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.