A ridiculously easy and quick to make cake-perfect every time! Everybody I have given this to loves it and crazes me for more-in fact I can't get through the door of my in-laws house without bringing them some! This is a no flour recipe so perfect for coeliacs.
- Grease and line a 19cm square cake pan.
- In a large bowl combine cocoa powder and hot water until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, melted butter, sugar and almonds.
- Stir well to combine.
- Separate the eggs.
- Stir in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Whip egg whites until they stand in soft peaks.
- Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven for approx 1 1/4 hours.
- When cooked and cooled, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar. This is quite rich, so only cut small squares.
- N.B This freezes beautifully.