1/1 Photo of Yummy Fudgy Mud Cake
1 hr 15 mins
A ridiculously easy and quick to make cake-perfect every time! Everybody I have given this to loves it and crazes me for more-in fact I can't get through the door of my in-laws house without bringing them some! This is a no flour recipe so perfect for coeliacs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and line a 19cm square cake pan.
- 2In a large bowl combine cocoa powder and hot water until smooth.
- 3Add melted chocolate, melted butter, sugar and almonds.
- 4Stir well to combine.
- 5Separate the eggs.
- 6Stir in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- 7Whip egg whites until they stand in soft peaks.
- 8Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture.
- 9Pour into cake pan.
- 10Cook in a moderate oven for approx 1 1/4 hours.
- 11When cooked and cooled, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar. This is quite rich, so only cut small squares.
- 12N.B This freezes beautifully.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Fudgy Mud Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 37.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g