Prep1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is my take on Cinnabon's rolls. This works best for me. The key to the frosting is to whip it for 12 minutes. It sounds crazy but its worth it! Enjoy!
- 1 cup whole milk, warm 110F
- 2 large eggs, beaten and at room temp
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons water, warm 110F
- 0.5 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix, about 1/4 cup
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients, except the cinnamon filling, in the bread pan of bread machine (in order as recommended by manufacturer). Process according to manufacturer's instructions for a dough setting and press start.
- When the bread machine has completed the dough cycle, remove dough from pan and turn out onto a lightly oiled surface. (I use a nonstick cooking spray). Knead enough to to punch down. Form dough into a ball, cover with a plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After dough has rested, roll and stretch into a large rectangle.
- Combine the filling ingredients and mix well. Warm in microwave for about 10 seconds to make it spreadable. Spread over dough with rubber spatula, getting as close to the edge as possible.
- Starting with the widest end, roll the dough into a log. Cut log into 1 1/2" slices.
- Place into a lightly greased baking dish, 9x13x2-inch.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for approximately 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size (after rising, rolls should be touching each other and the sides of the pan).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare frosting. Allow butter and cream cheese to reach room temperature. Beat cream cheese and butter together in a bowl with a mixer. Slowly add in all powdered sugar. Once all of the sugar is in the bowl mix for at least an additional 12 minutes. When almost done, add in the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread fosting over the cinnamon rolls while still warm. Serve warm.
This was the best recipe! This is the first recipe I didn't have to add additional liquid to my bread machine. This is not only easy but the rolls taste fantastic. These rolls were HUGE! The only change I will make next time is to double the frosting, because the rolls were so big there was a thin layer of frosting. This will be my cinnamon roll recipe from now on. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!
I volunteered to bring homemade cinnamon rolls to a brunch in a few days. After mulling over many recipes on the site, I chose this one as my trial batch to make today to see how they would turn out. They turned out fantastic! It is a beautiful dough. Like chef Children from A to Z, I did not have to add any additional liquid or flour to the bread machine. I followed the directions exactly, including beating the frosting for 12 minutes. I think my rolls took about 32 - 35 minutes to bake. It's a keeper to make again for the brunch in a few days.