Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was in a local paper many years ago. They may not be the world's best cookies but they are sure in the running. I have made them many many times and these cookies disappear very quickly. They are crisp & crunchy
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add egg, canola and vanilla, beat well.
- Mix in oats, cornflakes, coconut and walnuts.
- Stir well.
- Blend together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and stir well.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Press down with a fork, dipped in cold water.
- Smooth any cracks around the edge with your fingers.
- Bake at 325°F degrees for 12 minutes (You can half the recipe but why?).