These cookies were the absolute best ones I have ever tasted. They were thick but crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Every one in our group oohed and aahed over them so I had to get the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine (not butter because it makes them too flat)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips
- white sugar, to roll cookies in
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture gradually and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chip.
- Roll in balls and roll in sugar. Criss cross with a fork.
- Bake 8 minutes @ 350 degrees (Will be just a little brown) Take out. DO NOT overbake or they will be too crunchy.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool.