1/1 Photo of Witch's Hairy Finger Breadsticks
1 hr 50 mins
Green Halloween breadsticks from TOH-has a creepy picture! They're best when served right out of the oven because the cheese is still warm and soft. Serve with marinara dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water, 110 degrees to 115 degrees
- 1/2 cup milk, warm 110 degrees to 115 degrees
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 -2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- marinara sauce
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- 2Add the milk, egg, grated Parmesan cheese, butter, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, food coloring, and 1 cup flour.
- 3Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 8Punch dough down; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 10Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- 11Divide into 16 pieces.
- 12Shape each piece into a 10 inch rope.
- 13Cut in half.
- 14Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- 15Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 16Brush egg white over breadsticks; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 17Place an almond slice at the tip of each.
- 18Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 19Serve warm with marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Witch's Hairy Finger Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 199.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: