1/4 Photos of Winnipeg Rye Bread
3 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006-Canada. Recipe is from allrecipes.com website. This bread uses cracked rye and white flour instead of rye flour. Note: prep time is approximate as the "dough" cycle on different bread machines may vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the cracked rye in 1/4 cup water until most of the water has been absorbed.
- 2Place all ingredients into the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer (adding the soaked rye with the white flour). Set bread machine for the DOUGH cycle, and press START.
- 3When the machine indicates the end of the cycle, remove the dough, punch down, and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide the dough equally in half, pressing out any air bubbles. Form each half into a round or long loaf. Place loaves onto a baking sheet, and let rise in a warm place until they have doubled in size, about 35 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Brush the tops of the loaves with remaining milk. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the loaf makes a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winnipeg Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1352.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 165.4 mg
- Sodium 1389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: