1/1 Photo of Wild Blueberry Bundt Cake
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe originates in Nova Scotia which is the "blueberry capital" of Canada and was published in the Canadian Living magazine! Its easy, moist & absolutely delicious with a light orange glaze, served with ice cream or solo. It can also be made with "cultivated" berries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated orange rind
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1Grease& flour a 10 inch bundt pan or angel food cake pan& set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter with 1 cup of the sugar until fluffy; add egg yolks, one at a time, followed by orange rind.
- 3Using clean beaters, beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form; beat in remaining sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until glossy peaks form and set aside.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder& salt into another large bowl.
- 5Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture, alternately with orange juice, making 3 additions of dry& 2 additions of juice to make a stiff batter.
- 6Stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter, then fold in the remainder; fold in 2 cups of the berries.
- 7Scrape into prepared pan& smooth top.
- 8Bake in center of preheated 350F oven for 45- 55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean; transfer to rack& cool for 20 minutes.
- 9While cooling make the glaze: bring sugar& juice to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring continuously; boil hard for a minute, then allow to cool.
- 10Loosen cake from edges of pan, place a rack over the pan& turn the cake out onto the rack; place a sheet of foil beneath the rack, brush the cake with the glaze& allow to cool.
- 11Transfer the cake to a flat serving plate, fill center with remaining berries& dust lightly with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Blueberry Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g