Coyote's Laugh's Note:
Based on Quaker Oats' Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies Recipe. I made them a few times, and I never thought they were quite good enough. They weren't fluffy enough and they didn't have nearly enough oatmeal! I found out one day when I ran out of white flour, that whole wheat tastes great in oatmeal cookies. I like to pulse the oats in the food processor a few times so they're extra fluffy, but instant oatmeal works very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb butter, softened (I recomend Crisco butter-flavored shortening)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups instant oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries, plumped in warm water
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Heat the oven to 350.
- 2Beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulted sugar until it's uniform.
- 3Mix in the two eggs and vanilla.
- 4In a seperate bowl, combine te white and wheat flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- 5Mix the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- 6Stir in the oats, cranberries, and walnuts.
- 7Drop in heaping tablespoons onto a Pam'ed cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookie's have browned.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies With Everything
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.8
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: