I tried to make my favorite chocolate chip cookies a little healthier. I added whole wheat flour, added ground beans (to reduce the amount of shortening needed), and reduced the sugar. The result is pretty good and very filling. If I'm going to be snacking on cookies, they might as well be as healthy as possible. To make the ground white beans, I just ran some small dry navy beans through my wheat grinder to make a flour. 1/2 cup Cooked white beans can also be used in place of the dry beans. Just reduce the number of eggs to two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cream granulated sugar and bronw sugar with shortening.
- 3Mix in all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, ground beans, baking soda, salt, vanilla, eggs, oats, and chocolate chips.
- 4Drop dough in tablespoon sized cookies onto an ungreased cookiesheet.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes, until edges of cookie are light brown. The middle of the cookie may still appear underdone. Let cool on the pan for several minutes before removing to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 161.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g