Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tried to make my favorite chocolate chip cookies a little healthier. I added whole wheat flour, added ground beans (to reduce the amount of shortening needed), and reduced the sugar. The result is pretty good and very filling. If I'm going to be snacking on cookies, they might as well be as healthy as possible. To make the ground white beans, I just ran some small dry navy beans through my wheat grinder to make a flour. 1/2 cup Cooked white beans can also be used in place of the dry beans. Just reduce the number of eggs to two.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream granulated sugar and bronw sugar with shortening.
- Mix in all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, ground beans, baking soda, salt, vanilla, eggs, oats, and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in tablespoon sized cookies onto an ungreased cookiesheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes, until edges of cookie are light brown. The middle of the cookie may still appear underdone. Let cool on the pan for several minutes before removing to cool.