Chef mariajane's Note:
Although there are various steps to this pretty melt-in-your-mouth dessert, it is not difficult to make and can be prepared up to one week ahead for a special occasion such as a summer party. ENJOY!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cookie crumbs, almonds and butter; pat evenly over bottom and 1-inch up side of greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake in 325F oven for 6 minutes. Set on a rack to cool. Wrap bottom of pan in foil and set aside.
- 2Bring 1/2 cup of the cream to a boil; remove from heat . Put remaining 1 cup cream in refrigerator. Stir chocolate in to hot cream until melted. Stir in kirsch and vanilla; let cool completely.
- 3In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring just to dissolve sugar.
- 4Without stirring, boil for about 5 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches soft-ball stage of 238F or when 1/2 teaspoons of the syrup dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water.
- 5Meanwhile in a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually beat in boiling syrup, beating until stiff peaks form and mixture is cool. In 2 batches, pour chocolate mixture down sides of bowl, and gently fold inches.
- 6Beat remaining whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold gently into chocolate mixture, Pour into prepared crust.
- 7Cover with foil and enclose in a plastic bag. Freeze for at least 5 hours or until firm or up to 1 week. (Do not remove from freezer until just before serving).
- 8To serve, run knife around inside of pan; remove pan sides and place cake on plate. Cover entire top with fresh raspberries, placing them upside down, and pressing down slightly. Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Mousse Cake With Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 146.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: