1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I saw Paula Deen makes these cookies on TV and went right out and bought the ingredients to whip up a batch. I modified the recipe slightly by using Maraschino Cherries instead of candied cherries and doubled the quantity. I tend to make my cookies a little smaller so this recipe yielded about 72 cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 Stick)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Drain maraschino cherries and quarter each one.
- 3Place cherries in a colander and let drain while making cookie dough.
- 4Cream butter and sugars together in electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs, vanilla, milk, salt and baking soda and beat until just combined.
- 6Add macadamia nuts and white chocolate and mix until just combined.
- 7Slowly add flour mixing only until just combined.
- 8While in colander gently blot cherries with paper towel trying to remove as much liquid as possible.
- 9Remove bowl from mixer and by hand gently stir cherries into dough stirring only to blend.
- 10Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 11Bake approximately 11 to 13 minutes.
- 12Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cherry Chippers
Serving Size: 1 (1979 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g