Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw Paula Deen makes these cookies on TV and went right out and bought the ingredients to whip up a batch. I modified the recipe slightly by using Maraschino Cherries instead of candied cherries and doubled the quantity. I tend to make my cookies a little smaller so this recipe yielded about 72 cookies.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 Stick)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain maraschino cherries and quarter each one.
- Place cherries in a colander and let drain while making cookie dough.
- Cream butter and sugars together in electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, milk, salt and baking soda and beat until just combined.
- Add macadamia nuts and white chocolate and mix until just combined.
- Slowly add flour mixing only until just combined.
- While in colander gently blot cherries with paper towel trying to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Remove bowl from mixer and by hand gently stir cherries into dough stirring only to blend.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake approximately 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
I too saw paula deen make these cookies, so I had to try them....oh my god, they are so good!! Hershey's makes white chocolate chips with macadamia nuts in them, so I just bought that bag, but other than that, I followed your recipe....i will be making these again!!