Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thanks to light cream cheese (Neufchatel) and fat free sour cream, everyone can enjoy this classic, rich-tasting dessert. 1/16 of the cake is 3 POINTS. From the Weight Watchers cookbook.
- Prheat the over to 325 degrees; wrap the outside of a 10-inch springform pan with heavy duty foil; then spray the inside entirely with nonstick spray. Press the graham cracker crumbs over the bottom and partially up the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed until blended; stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and set into a large roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until almost completely set, 30-32 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and prop open the door with a wooden spoon; leave the cake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Very good I made this today and everyone loved it my daughter especially but I bought the pre made graham cracker crust and I used 1 fat free cream cheese & 1 light and I made a strawberry topping it completed it just perfect, you could'nt even tell that it was a low fat chessecake thank you so much!
I made this last night for my son's girlfriend who is on the weight watchers points program. You would never know it was light in any way! Excellent - we all loved it!
AMAZING!!! Tastes so good it's hard to believe it's not the real thing. I did make a few changes to the crust as I didn't want to fool with the spring form pan. I bought a reduced fat graham crust already made in a pie tin (baking ailse). I followed the directions exactly; poured the batter into the pie shell; placed on a cookie sheet; baked on 350 degrees for 45 mintues; turned oven off and let pie stay in over for an additional 15 minutes. This is definitely a keeper!!