Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
Excellent, chewy cookies with coconut in them too! They remind me of macaroons a little. Only 1 pt each! I got this off of www.kitchenparade.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour, fluffed to aerate before measuring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick)
- 1 cup coconut, preferably unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in a small dish in microwave, 10 seconds at a time.
- Transfer to mixing bown.
- With an electric mixer, thoroughly mix in sugars, banana, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt.
- Mix in to the banana mixture.
- Mix in oatmeal and coconut.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until set and golden.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from tray right away to a cooling rack.
These cookies are delicious! However, they are far more than 1-2 points per serving. I was very disappointed after eating 4 cookies, then inputting the recipe to recipe builder to find out they are 4+ points each!!!!!
I didn't have the shredded coconut and was so sad. But I just put in extra oatmeal with a little bit of chocolate chips. Love them. I will definitely make again with the coconut! Thanks.
These cookies are amazing! Hard to believe they are only 2 points on Weight Watchers Points Plus!