1/1 Photo of Watermelon Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Mindi Bunch's Note:
I got this recipe from a Betty Crocker e-mail. The picture is from them also. Cooking time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix, prepared in batter form with
- egg, as called for by cake mix
- oil, as called for by cake mix
- water, as called for by cake mix
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package cherry unsweetened flavored drink mix (other red-colored drink mix will also work)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, plus
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped white frosting
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- 2/3 cup green jelly beans
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottoms only of two 8- or 9-inch round pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, stir into batter 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour into pans.
- 3Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4In small bowl, stir 1 cup frosting with 10 to 12 drops green food coloring. Stir 10 to 12 drops red food color into remaining frosting.
- 5Cut cake rounds crosswise in half to make 4 halves. Frost uncut sides with green frosting; press green jelly beans into frosting. Frost top of cake with red frosting; press remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips into frosting for seeds.
- 6To serve, cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened flavored drink mix