Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so good you'll want to make it at all your special occasions.
Make and share this Warm Chocolate Honey Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in chocolate morsels.
- Remove from heat; continue stirring until chocolate is melted.
- (If necessary, return pan to low heat.) Gradually add honey, stirring to blend.
- Lightly beat egg yolks; whisk into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, coffee, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Stir lightened chocolate mixture into remaining whites; do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted halfway from center to edge comes out clean; cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife around edge to loosen cake from pan.
- Invert cake onto plate; remove paper.
- Serve warm.
This was a very good cake, light but chocolaty, (the honey and coffee flavors are barely noticeable) I served it with a little whipped cream on the side and it was the perfect finish for a hearty dairy meal.
Mirj, this was fantastic! So simple and easy to prepare. This was the first time making a torte and tasting one, I wasn't sure what to expect, but this was devine. the whole family enjoyed it dusted with icing sugar and a dollop of double cream. Thanks for a great recipe that will be made time and time again.
Wonderfully elegant and so simple prepare. I had all the ingredients on hands which makes for the perfect dessert! My torte was done in less than the 45 minutes specified in the directions, so be careful to watch your time. I dusted the finished top with a light bit of powdered sugar, a little white chocolate shavings and chocolate shavings. I will make this one again for sure! Thanks for a beautiful chocolate fix, Mirj!