This recipe originally came from the back of a Diamond Walnut package back in the 1970's. I started baking a lot when I was in high school and my taste testers were my dad and my parent's best friends. These were their friend Bud's very favorites so I made them quite a bit. I thought I lost the recipe but after about an hour of searching I found it in a stack of recipes that I had given to my mom. I hope you like them as much as Bud did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Resift the flour with the baking powder.
- 2Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- 3Stir in the walnuts.
- 4Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 5Roll out onto floured board to 1/4" thickness. Cut into any shape.
- 6Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 7Make 2 to 2 1/2 dozen delicious cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1577.0
- Calories from Fat 1011
- Total Fat 112.3 g
- Saturated Fat 60.2 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 859.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g