Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe originally came from the back of a Diamond Walnut package back in the 1970's. I started baking a lot when I was in high school and my taste testers were my dad and my parent's best friends. These were their friend Bud's very favorites so I made them quite a bit. I thought I lost the recipe but after about an hour of searching I found it in a stack of recipes that I had given to my mom. I hope you like them as much as Bud did!
- Resift the flour with the baking powder.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Roll out onto floured board to 1/4" thickness. Cut into any shape.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Make 2 to 2 1/2 dozen delicious cookies.