Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves when I make Strawberry Pizza and can hardly wait until Strawberries are in season. The most raved about part has always been the crust. So I decided to experiment and make a thicker crust pizza. This turned out to be awesome. If you enjoy this type of dessert, you gotta try my new way to make the crust thick! New family favorite. Mmmmm ;) Note: You can save time by buying prepared sugar cookie dough sheets )pkg of 3 or 1 1/2 pkg sugar cookie squares) and place them on a cookie sheet, cook for 7 minutes (Very Important not to cook any longer). Let completely cool before assembling. Pretty much how I do it most of the time ;)
- 17 1⁄2 ounces sugar cookie mix (or see note above for cookie dough)
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 14 ounces prepared strawberry glaze
- Preheat oven 325'.
- In a bowl, combine sugar cookie mix and graham cracker crumbs.
- Add 1 cup melted butter, and fold until completely combined.
- Press evenly into 9 x13 glass baking dish.
- bake at 325' for 20 minutes. (Crust will be soft, no worries - it's suppose to be like this ;) cool completely.
- Meanwhile, clean strawberries and slice. Mix in 1/2 container of strawberry glaze and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble.
- Mix Cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Spread cream mixture on top of cool crust. (I spread just up to the edge, leaving the crust visible.
- top with layer of glazed strawberries.
- Carefully add remaining glaze.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy with those you love!
- refrigerate any leftovers -- if you have any!
Divine. I used 1/2 recipe of The World's Best Sugar Cookie dough, found here in Zaar.
Just had this and it was devoured in under 2 days!! One slight alteration ( made by the chef herself as an alternate quick prep method) used sugar cookie sheets pressed in pan and lightly baked - IMPORTANT not to over cook or it will be too crumbly and not tasty. Top as usual - yummy the same day ( 4 hours refrigerate is key) and it is even BETTER the next day!! This just gets better as it sits - not soggy at all!! Used the tub of strawberry glaze in the produce section. Planning to make this for upcoming holidays - Mother's Day - Father's Day - 4th of July! Easy and oh, so tasty! Thanks for posting this V!!
This was sooo delicious. It's so easy to make. My family loved it. The crust is sooo good. I'm going to make it again next week to take to a work pot luck. I'm sure everyone will love it.