1 hr 30 mins
Serah B.'s Note:
from the cookbook "Vegan Lunch Box." This recipe is for making mini vegan pizzas. Cooking time includes rise time and bake time for one or two of the pizzas.
My Private Note
mini pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast in warm water and stir well to dissolve. Set aside for about 5 minutes to bloom.
- 2Meanwhile, place the flours, cornmeal and salt together in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse well to combine.
- 3With food processor running, slowly drizzle the yeast mixture into the feeding tube. Stop when dough forms a ball. Pour in the olive oil and pulse two or three times to combine.
- 4Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, just long enough to make a smooth dough.
- 5Cut dough into eight equal pieces. Shape each into smooth ball.
- 6Set balls 2 inches apart on a floured surface and lightly cover with plastic wrap. Let rise a room temperature for 45 minutes.
- 7Any dough that you are not baking right away can be wrapped in plastic and kept in the fridge overnight. Just bring to room temperature by letting sit out for about 15 minutes when ready to make.
- 8Preheat over to 500°F Place pizza stone in center rack of over--or sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal and set aside.
- 9On a well-floured surface, pat one dough ball at a time into a 6 1/2 inch circle. Top with topping of your choice, and bake mini pizzas for 7 to 8 minutes until crust is golden and toppings are piping hot.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Lunch Box Easy Whole-Grain Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 331.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g