A different way to make apple pie, delicious served warm with ice cream!.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled and sliced (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Spoon butter in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- 2Arrange pecan halves around bottom of pan.
- 3Sprinkle 2/3 cup brown sugar over pecans.
- 4Press one of the prepared pie crusts into bottom and along sides of the pan (over the pecans and sugar); trim off excess pastry.
- 5In a bowl, combine apples and lemon.
- 6Combine 1/3 cup brown sugar and remaining ingredients; toss gently, and add/mix in with the apples.
- 7Spoon the apple mixture evenly over the crust in the pie pan.
- 8Top with remaining pie pastry; fold edges over and flute.
- 9Prick the crust a few times with a fork.
- 10Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 11Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- 12Cool 5 minutes, then turn the pie upside down on a pie plate.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-down Southern Apple Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4038.9
- Calories from Fat 1982
- Total Fat 220.2 g
- Saturated Fat 64.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 2956.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 516.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.6 g
- Sugars 293.2 g
- Protein 33.7 g