1/1 Photo of Upside-Down Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cupcakes
These are so good. When inverted onto a rack, all the gooey good stuff is on the top. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes, but my advise is make a double recipe of these delicious cupcakes, they will be gone in a flash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 36 -48 walnut halves
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened or 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease very well, 12 muffin cups.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup melted butter, brown sugar and 1 Tbsp water; simmer for 1 minute.
- 4Place 3-4 walnut halves in the bottom of each of prepared muffin cups.
- 5Evenly divide, and pour the cooked mixture over the walnuts in the muffin cups.
- 6In a bowl, sift together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 7Cream 1/4 cup butter (or shortening if using).
- 8Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- 9Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 10Blend in dry ingredients alternately with the 1/2 cup water (or milk if using), beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- 11Fill the muffin cups 1/2 full with the batter.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.
- 13Remove from the muffin tins, let cool INVERTED on wire racks.
- 14In a small saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate; cook over very low heat until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly (about 10 minutes).
- 15Stir in 2 Tbsp butter; keep warm.
- 16Spread on the sides of cup-cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside-Down Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 202.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g