1/3 Photos of Ultimate Lemon Pound Cake
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here is another one of those 'triple lemon' pound cakes, & this recipe comes from the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts. Be sure to read carefully both the ingredients list & directions before starting anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted (NOT self-rising)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE HOT SYRUP TOPPING
- 1FOR THE CAKE: Making sure there is a rack in the middle of the oven, preheat oven to 300 degrees F, then butter & flour a 10" (12-cup) Bundt pan.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder & salt together TWICE.
- 3In a large bowl & with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter until light & fluffy.
- 4Gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups of sugar, about 3 tablespoons at a time, & continue beating until light & fluffy.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Reduce speed to low & add flour mixture alternately with the milk, in batches, beginning & ending with the flour.
- 7Stir in 1 tablespoon of the zest & both extracts.
- 8Transfer batter to prepared pan & smooth top with a rubber spatula, & bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Remove from oven & let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 10FOR THE HOT SYRUP TOPPING: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon zest & lemon juice to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- 11Turn cake out onto the rack & IMMEDIATELY brush the hot syrup over the hot cake.
- 12Let brushed cake cool to room temperature, then cut into wedges & ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Lemon Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 47.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g