Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
My children and I first had this delicious pound-type cake at a potluck at the Mennonite church. It was made by Vera, she had no name for her yummy dessert, hence the title.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into an oiled and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-65 minutes, until top is dark golden brown and a toothpick comes out nearly clean.
- Glaze when warm with a mixture of concentrated strawberry/banana juice and powdered sugar.
great pound cake
This was a very enjoyable cake. It is closer to a pound cake in texture, not a light & fluffy cake. I made it in two loaf pans so I could freeze one. I glazed the one I served with a simple glaze using pina colada flavored juice, powdered sugar, and a bit of milk. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
I made this cake for my DH Bday. Huge hit. I used brown sugar and whole wheat flour. Will definitely make again. I used Ginger Icing #47405 for the icing. Wonderful combination.