1/2 Photos of Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This is a really nice light cake. Lots of chocolate flavor. Kids just devoured it. Very easy to make. Adapted from a recipe in Woman's World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart strawberry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup jam (used wild berry)
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce white chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 2 9" round pans.
- 3In a small bowl slice 2 cups of strawberries and add 1 Tbsp brown sugar and stir to coat, set aside.
- 4In another bowl haul the remainder of the strawberries, half or leave whole.
- 5Add the remaining Tbsp of brown sugar and stir to coat, set aside.
- 6In a large bowl add sugar and butter, beat at medium high speed until smooth.
- 7Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 8Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt and gradually beat into the egg, butter mixture.
- 9Melt the chocolate into the boiling water, or microwave to melt chocolate.
- 10Gradually beat into the batter (The batter is thin).
- 11Divide the batter pouring it into the two pans.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Cool in pans for 20 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely.
- 14In a bowl beat cream and confectioners' sugar until slightly thick at medium speed.
- 15Add the melted white chocolate to the cream increase the speed to medium high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 16Put 1 1/2 cup of the cream in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, set aside.
- 17When cake has completely cooled spread 1/2 the jam on the the top of the bottom layer.
- 18Spread the other 1/2 of jam on what will be the bottom of the top layer.
- 19Use 2 cups of whipping cream and spread on top of jam of bottom layer of cake.
- 20Arrange the strawberry slices evenly over the whipped cream layer.
- 21Then place top layer of cake on the cake with the jam side going on top of the strawberries.
- 22Use remaining whipped cream spread evenly to cover the cake.
- 23Arrange the whole or halved strawberries on the top of the cake leaving about a 1" boarder on the outer edge.
- 24Take the pastry bag and pipe rosettes around the edge of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.1 mg
- Sodium 260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g