1/2 Photos of Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This is a really nice light cake. Lots of chocolate flavor. Kids just devoured it. Very easy to make. Adapted from a recipe in Woman's World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart strawberry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup jam (used wild berry)
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce white chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 2 9" round pans.
- 3In a small bowl slice 2 cups of strawberries and add 1 Tbsp brown sugar and stir to coat, set aside.
- 4In another bowl haul the remainder of the strawberries, half or leave whole.
- 5Add the remaining Tbsp of brown sugar and stir to coat, set aside.
- 6In a large bowl add sugar and butter, beat at medium high speed until smooth.
- 7Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 8Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt and gradually beat into the egg, butter mixture.
- 9Melt the chocolate into the boiling water, or microwave to melt chocolate.
- 10Gradually beat into the batter (The batter is thin).
- 11Divide the batter pouring it into the two pans.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Cool in pans for 20 minutes, then remove from the pans and cool completely.
- 14In a bowl beat cream and confectioners' sugar until slightly thick at medium speed.
- 15Add the melted white chocolate to the cream increase the speed to medium high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 16Put 1 1/2 cup of the cream in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, set aside.
- 17When cake has completely cooled spread 1/2 the jam on the the top of the bottom layer.
- 18Spread the other 1/2 of jam on what will be the bottom of the top layer.
- 19Use 2 cups of whipping cream and spread on top of jam of bottom layer of cake.
- 20Arrange the strawberry slices evenly over the whipped cream layer.
- 21Then place top layer of cake on the cake with the jam side going on top of the strawberries.
- 22Use remaining whipped cream spread evenly to cover the cake.
- 23Arrange the whole or halved strawberries on the top of the cake leaving about a 1" boarder on the outer edge.
- 24Take the pastry bag and pipe rosettes around the edge of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.8
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.1 mg
- Sodium 260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g