1/2 Photos of Top Me-Twice Cake
1 hr 5 mins
Used to make this when I had people over and it was always a big hit. This recipe is very old and comes from my very first cook book (Pillsbury) which was a gift from my grandmother. Best served the day it is made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, unsifted, Pillsbury
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, crushed, undrained (13 1/2 oz. can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1Preheat overn to 350.
- 2In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients and beat low speed till blended; beat 2 minutes more at medium speed.
- 3Pour into 9 inch square pan, greased on bottom only.
- 4Prepare Topping by combining all ingredients; sprinkle over cake.
- 5Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- 6Just before cake is done, prepare Sauce by melting butter in saucepan; blend in remaining ingredients.
- 7When cake comes out of oven pour sauce over warm cake.
- 9Best served the same day it is made.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Me-Twice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4612.7
- Calories from Fat 1839
- Total Fat 204.3 g
- Saturated Fat 113.9 g
- Cholesterol 799.6 mg
- Sodium 4943.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 659.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.1 g
- Sugars 435.8 g
- Protein 58.0 g