Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's okay, you can eat this! It's at least 1/2 the carbs of other cheesecakes, NO SUGAR added and nobody ever knows. I used to argue with guests who didn't believe me that it was low carb, now I don't even bother telling them. They never can tell so why should I? It's absolutely delicious- you'll love this one. You can lower the fat by using reduced fat cream cheese if you need to.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- If you don't want to make a crust, you can use one of the ready made ones but the carbs will be higher.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, combine the butter and the Nilla wafer crumbs. Press them into a 9" pie plate. Do the bottom and go as far up the sides as you can. If you don't get it all the way up the side, don't worry about it. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended. Add eggs and mix just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the center is almost set. The center may crack. Don't make this one if you can't deal with a cracked cheesecake. Something about the Splenda makes it happen about half of the time. I never worry about it because I usually cover it up with topping anyway.
- Cool and then refrigerate overnight.
- You can serve this as-is or you can top this with cool whip, pie filling or whatever fruit topping you like. I usually use Comstock No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling and Sugar Free Cool Whip. Diabetics, just remember to add the carbs for whatever toppings you use.