Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Better than the ones you can get in a bakery just lke the originals in the north end of boston. The key to the recipe is the nutmeg and as weird as it seems the soured milk
- Cream together shortening and sugar and then add beaten egg and vanilla.
- sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- add alternately mixture of sifted flour ingreidents and the soured milk to the creamed shortening mixture batter should be thick drop by tablespoons (one on top of the other to give it height one unlevel on bottom one level on top) onto cookie trays bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown on bottoms.
- cool completely and frost one side with pure white frosting and the other with dark chocolate frosting you can make your own or used canned.
- If the batter comes out soupy or sticky I add additional flour