1/1 Photo of The Doctor's Sourdough Bread
4 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
1-lb Lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the starter and 2 1/2 Cups of the flour and all the water the night before you want to bake.
- 2Let stand in warm place overnight.
- 3Next morning mix in the butter with warm milk and stir in yeast until until dissolved.
- 4Add honey and when thoroughly mixed, add 2 more cups of flour, and stir in the wheat germ.
- 5Sprinkle sugar, salt, and baking soda over the mixture.
- 6Gentlypress into dough and mix lightly.
- 7Allow to stand from 30 to 50 minutes until mixture is bubbly.
- 8Add enough flour until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl.
- 9Then place the dough on a lightly floured board and kead 100 times or until silky mixture is developed.
- 10Form into 4 1-lb loaves, place in well-greased loaf pans 9 x 3 size.
- 11Let rise until double, about 2 to 3 hours in a warm room.
- 12Then bake in hot oven, 400 degrees F, for 20 minutes.
- 13Reduce oven temp. to 325 degrees F. and bake 20 minutes longer or until thoroughly baked.
- 14Remove from pans and place loaves on rack to cool.
- 15Butter tops of loaves to prevent hard crustyness.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Doctor's Sourdough Bread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 419.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: