1/2 Photos of The Best Soft Ginger Cookies
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I adore these cookies! I found the recipe in a cute cookbook called "365 quick and inexpensive dinner menus". Everyone (even those who say 'I don't like ginger cookies') loves these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine shortening, sugar, molasses and egg and beat throughly.
- 2Add baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to flour and mix together.
- 3Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture.
- 4Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 5Roll into 1 inch bals and roll in granulated sugar.
- 6Place on cookie sheet (I like to flatten them slightly with bottom of a glass).
- 7Bake at 325 for 8 minutes **very important not to over bake or else they won't be soft!**.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Soft Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1002 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 85.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g