1/1 Photo of The Best Fresh Apple Cake
1 hr 30 mins
This is an excellent, moist cake. Those who are looking for a low-fat cake should look elsewhere!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and grated apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1Move your oven rack to the second lowest rack.
- 2Grease and flour bundt pan.
- 3Mix oil, sugar and egs and beat well.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 5Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- 6Add vanilla and fold in apples and pecans and pour into bundt pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 8If the top of the cake starts to darken too much, cover loosely with foil.
- 9(Oven times may vary. Insert toothpick into center of cake, if it comes out clean then cake is finished baking).
- 10After cake has cooled, invert onto serving plate.
- 11For the glaze, combine and mix all ingredients together and drizzle over cake.
- 12Punch holes into cake with a toothpick so glaze will soak into cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Fresh Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.6
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 443.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 70.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g