Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
To our family this is the best recipe we have ever come across for Chocolate Chip cookies and we have tried tons. Give it a try, see what you think! It makes quite a lot, but it is no problem for our family.*The key to make these exceptional cookies can be two things 1. don't pack the flour when scooping it, use a light hand and/or 2. use half all-purpose flour and half pastry flour (once I tried this method-"so good" I won't go back to all-purpose unless I'm out of pastry flour..it really makes for an exceptional cookie!)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar and softened butter in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add baking soda, salt, vanilla and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice-cream scoop; drop cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes at 350°.
- Cookies will not look quite done.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Makes about 3 to 4 dozen depending on the size of your ice-cream scoop.
Made these last week, and they are outstanding! It does make a lot, but somehow there are only a handful left in my freezer...The only change I made to the recipe was to add more chocolate chips. 12 ounces just didn't seem like enough for all of that dough, so I upped it to 20 ounces and they came out beautifully! Thank you for posting my new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Loved it. Very good recipe. Baked this last Wednesday which was a local holiday in Sao Paulo and brought a big tupperware full of cookies to the office. Everyone really loved it, cookies were gone very fast.
Two thumbs way up! I have tried sooo many chocolate chip cookie recipes and this is by far the best! Crispy edges...soft middles...yum, Yum, YUM!!!!