Your family will love this chocolate cake filled with caramel, cool whip, and butterfingers. This is the most wonderful cake you will ever eat in your life. If you are on a diet go ahead and splurge it is sooooooo worth it. It is moist and just plain delicious.
- 18 ounces German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (14 ounce) canof eagle sweetened condensed milk
- 3 (7 ounce) king size butterfinger candy bars
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on the cake mix box.
- Prepare the German Chocolate Cake mix as directed on the box.
- Bake cake in a 9x13 glass cake pan, for as long as directed on the cake mix box.
- When cake is done allow to cool until it is just barely warm.
- When the cake is just barely warm take a wooden spoon handle and poke holes in the top of the cake. Put as many holes as you want.
- Take carmel and drizzle over the top of the cake allowing it to run into the holes. Use the whole jar.
- Take the sweetened condensed milk and drizzle over the top of the cake allowing it to run into the holes. Use the whole can.
- When the cake is completely cool take the container of cool whipe and spread all over the top of the cake, until whole cake is covered. If cake isn't completely cooled the cool whip will melt and run off.
- Crush all the butterfingers and sprinkle over the top of the cake. Then put the cake in the refrigerator until ready to server. The cake needs to be refrigerated at least 30 minutes to allow it to set up.
Very rich! I used yellow cake mix. I would say it's too sweet, but it's more of a portion control issue. Almost Tres Leches like in taste/texture. Yummy.
This is one of my husband's favorite desserts, and asks me to make it every chance I can -- we call it "Great Cake" because it truly is GREAT! :) I usually do Homemade Yellow Cake and Variations instead of the chocolate cake and it's still just as rich and delicious. I also use just two candy bars and find that's plenty for the top.
This is so easy and so delicious. I made it for my granchild's dad for a birthday surprise. HE LOVED IT! A great winner in this household. Thanks for sharing. Melanie