1/1 Photo of Tantalizing Raspberry Tarts
1 hr 10 mins
Halcyon Eve's Note:
Another recipe from "The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook": "The little girls of Avonlea school always pooled their lunches, and to eat three raspberry tarts all alone or even to share them only with one's best chum would have forever and ever branded as "awful mean" the girl who did it. And yet, when the tarts were divided among ten girls you just got enough to tantalize you. " (from "Anne of Green Gables" by L.M. Montgomery). Times are estimated and do not include cooling time beyond the initial 15 minutes (included in cooking time). The original recipe did not specify the size of package of frozen berries, so I guessed a 10 oz package based on the fresh raspberry substitution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles tiny peas.
- 3Combine egg yolk, water, and lemon juice with a fork.
- 4Sprinkle egg yolk mixture over flour mixture and stir together with a fork until it forms a ball.
- 5Pull small pieces of pastry from the ball and press into bottom and sides of the tart pans to about 1/8 inch thickness. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in sugar and raspberries. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Allow mixture to cool.
- 7Spoon filling evenly into tart shells, filling each no more than 2/3 full.
- 8Bake at 425° F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° F and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven and cool, in pans, for 15 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tantalizing Raspberry Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 76.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g