carrot cake with a tangy taste
Make and share this Tangy Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Shred the carrot and squeezed out excess carrot juice.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together (about 20-30 minutes) until the mixture is light, thick and fluffy and the whisk leaves a marked ribbon-like trail behind.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and olive oil half at a time. Mix well each time.
- Add shredded carrot, dried cranberries and lemon zest. Fold gently.
- Pour the mixture in a 20 cm baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150ºC for 15 minutes, 15 minutes at 125ºC.
- Let it cool and serve.