Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
carrot cake with a tangy taste
Make and share this Tangy Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 90 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 180 g unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g carrots
- 60 g almonds, chopped
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Shred the carrot and squeezed out excess carrot juice.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together (about 20-30 minutes) until the mixture is light, thick and fluffy and the whisk leaves a marked ribbon-like trail behind.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and olive oil half at a time. Mix well each time.
- Add shredded carrot, dried cranberries and lemon zest. Fold gently.
- Pour the mixture in a 20 cm baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150ºC for 15 minutes, 15 minutes at 125ºC.
- Let it cool and serve.
This is not like any carrot cake I've had before, but that doesn't mean the cake isn't good, 'cause it is VERY TASTY ~ something like a dense lemon cake with some carrots in it (& cranberries, which I dearly love)! I served it first as is, & then later had a slice topped with a lemon sauce, & that was especially good! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]