Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
For piping. Dries hard throughout. These slow-dried meringues should retain their whiteness. Swiss meringue can be shaped into crusts, shells, baskets, and all kinds of fancy or plain designs.These can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large grease-free mixing bowl beat the egg whites at a slow steady speed. When they are foamy add the cream of tartar. Gradually add the sugar. When the meringue begins to form soft peaks, increase to a moderate beating speed.
- Beat another 5-8 minutes, until the meringue is thick, but still glossy, and forms firm peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Adhear the parchment paper to the cookie sheet with dots of meringue.
- Spoon the meringue into a piping bag fitted with desired tip. Keep designs simple as these pieces are delicate and will shatter easily. Bake small pieces about 15 minutes and thicker pieces 15-20 minutes.
BOO! Made with grandbaby for Photo Tag.
these are really simple and tasty thanks for posting dee