Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has to be by far the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have tried. You won't be able to eat just one. I have tweaked the recipe just a little to come up with the ultimate cookie.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together shortening and butter. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla mix until creamy. Add flour, salt, baking soda and mix until all ingredients are blended together. Finally add chocolate chips and nuts if desired. Using a small cookie scoop place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies will look undone when properly cooked. Just the edges of the cookies will turn light brown.
Wonderful! Fantastic texture, not overly sweet-perfect balance. Thanks for sharing!
Great! Somewhat chewy inside, with a slightly crisp exterior ~ as I like it! I didn't have butter-flavored shortening, so I divided that 1/3 cup between more of each of the butter & the shortening (2 Tblsp + 2 teasp. each). Thank you, Sweettreats!
I made these cookies last night for my husband because he loves chocolate chip cookies. These were great, Big Hit with my family. Woke up this morning and half the plate of cookies gone! Darling Son and Daughter also helped them selves quite a bit. Cookes were soft and crispy. Thank you!