I first tried this cake at a homemaker's luncheon. It was so moist and different I had to ask for the recipe. One of the ladies sent it to me just before Thanksgiving. I made it for our holiday dinner and it didn't last very long at all. My grandmother (she isnt a great cook , but is a great eater) loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes (may be fresh or canned..if fresh needs to be cooked soft)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans..optional..or maybe reduced to 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Easy cream cheese icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare 13x9 pan (I use pan spray).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix all cake ingredients except nuts and coconut.
- 3Mix at low speed until moistened, then beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- 4Fold in the nuts and coconut.
- 5Pour into pan and bake about 40 to 50 minutes or until cake test done.
- 6Let cake cool.
- 7To make frosting:
- 8mix all ingredients well with electric mixer until the frosting is smooth.
- 9Frost cake.
- 10Sprinkle a bit of coconut or nuts on the frosting for garnish.
- 11This can be made a day ahead and kept tightly covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 528.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: