Mmm! This is so good when sweet cherries are in season. I don't have too many recipes for sweet cherries - I mostly just eat them - but Karl always makes sure to ask for this at least once while they are in season.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 10" tart pan, line the bottom with buttered parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar, flour and grated orange zest, and set them aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the eggs.
- Beat the orange juice and the butter into them.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the tart pan.
- Sprinkle the cherries evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.