Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mmm! This is so good when sweet cherries are in season. I don't have too many recipes for sweet cherries - I mostly just eat them - but Karl always makes sure to ask for this at least once while they are in season.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 10" tart pan, line the bottom with buttered parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar, flour and grated orange zest, and set them aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat the eggs.
- Beat the orange juice and the butter into them.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the tart pan.
- Sprinkle the cherries evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
I have made this for company twice in the last week as the cherry season is in full swing here. This is WONDERFUL. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and several asked for the recipe. The first time, I made only 1/2 the recipe and filled 4 individual-sized tart tins. The second time, I used a 9" pan and it worked beautifully. Both times, I served it with whipped cream with a little Grand Marnier thrown in instead of vanilla. The only other comment I had was that on #6 of the instructions, you mention milk. I assumed that you meant orange juice as it isn't mentioned in the instructions, but is in the ingredient list. Great recipe.