Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The smell of all the spices brings back childhood memories. In Sweden there are lots of recipes for this cake. I have translated this one from Swedish and then baked it using the English measurements to be sure everything was OK. A piece of this cake with a cup of tea.......heavenly!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 8x4x3 inch loaf pan or an 8 cup round baking pan.
- Sieve flour with baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and cardamom.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one by one, keep whipping.
- Add buttermilk and jam, mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake on lowest rack in the oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- Test with a skewer that the cake is done.