1 hr 10 mins
Chef Dudo's Note:
The smell of all the spices brings back childhood memories. In Sweden there are lots of recipes for this cake. I have translated this one from Swedish and then baked it using the English measurements to be sure everything was OK. A piece of this cake with a cup of tea.......heavenly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 8x4x3 inch loaf pan or an 8 cup round baking pan.
- 3Sieve flour with baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and cardamom.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Cream butter and sugar.
- 6Add the eggs, one by one, keep whipping.
- 7Add buttermilk and jam, mix.
- 8Add flour mixture and mix gently.
- 9Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- 10Bake on lowest rack in the oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- 11Test with a skewer that the cake is done.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Spice Cake (Mjuk Pepparkaka)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: