1 hr 5 mins
Strawberry Girl's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt thoroughly.
- 2Cut in butter to make fine crumbs.
- 3Stir in currants.
- 4In small bowl, beat egg lightly; remove 1 Tablespoon and combine with cream. Set aside.
- 5Add buttermilk to remaining egg.
- 6Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork to make a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- 7Gather into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 8Knead gently a few times until smooth.
- 9Roll or pat to 1" thickness.
- 10Cut into 3.5" or 2.5" rounds. (Don't twist!)
- 11Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 12Brush tops with reserved egg mixture.
- 13Bake in 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and baked through.
- 14Serve fresh baked and warm if possible.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Scones
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 530.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g