Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Super Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt thoroughly.
- Cut in butter to make fine crumbs.
- Stir in currants.
- In small bowl, beat egg lightly; remove 1 Tablespoon and combine with cream. Set aside.
- Add buttermilk to remaining egg.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork to make a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Gather into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently a few times until smooth.
- Roll or pat to 1" thickness.
- Cut into 3.5" or 2.5" rounds. (Don't twist!)
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with reserved egg mixture.
- Bake in 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and baked through.
- Serve fresh baked and warm if possible.