1/2 Photos of Super Easy Fruit Cocktail Cobbler Cake
This is a super quick, super easy dessert to make. Three ingredients and two minutes of prep time is all it takes. Doesn't get any easier. I've used other items instead of fruit cocktail like canned pears, canned blueberries or canned cherries. I've also sprinkled coconut on top of the cake before baking which adds great flavor. Serve plain, with Cool Whip or your favorite ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fruit cocktail (I use Del Monte Carb Clever to cut down on some of the sugar)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt one stick of butter in a microwave safe dish for 1 minute 40 seconds on 50% power.
- 3Pour entire contents of fruit cocktail cans (juice and all) into a 8 X 11 glass pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread fruit cocktail evenly on bottom of pan.
- 4Sprinkle box of yellow cake mix, evenly, over top of fruit cocktail. Do NOT mix cake mix and fruit cocktail. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out cake mix.
- 5Drizzle melted butter over top of cake mix. (Cake mix does not need to be completely covered in butter).
- 6(Optional - sprinkle a small amount coconut on top of the cake before baking, photo shows it with coconut).
- 7Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Easy Fruit Cocktail Cobbler Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.8
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g