1/4 Photos of Super Bowl (Or Any Day) Chocolate Cupcakes W/Cabernet
I'm beginning to think I might need to get a life away from RZ. I had some idle time & decided to Google the net to see what was being suggested as food fare for Super Bowl Day. I found the most intriguing recipe I have seen in some time. This is it & my source is http://home.ivillage.com & Martha Vining was acknowledged. The intro said "Adults love these cupcakes. So make more than you need for 1 event & freeze the rest. Stored in an airtight bag, they should keep up to 2 months." DH & I are NY resolved to limit our sweet treats, so I hope you will be as intrigued as I was, give this recipe a try & enjoy the outcome. (Time does not include time for cupcakes to cool)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (chopped)
- 2 cups whipped cream (lightly sweetened)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (as garnish) (optional) or 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (as garnish) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F & prepare muffin pans w/paper baking cups.
- 2Into the lrg bowl of an electric mixer, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & cocoa powder.
- 3Add oil, vanilla, eggs & wine.
- 4Beat w/the electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds. Turn the mixer speed to high & cont beating for 3 min, scraping the sides occ.
- 5Remove the bowl from the mixer & stir in the dried cherries. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pans & bake for 20 min or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 6To Serve: Spoon a dollop of whipped cream on the center of the completely cooled cupcakes. Add 5-6 bits of dried fruit & a dusting of cinnamon or cocoa powder.
- 7NOTE: IMHO dried cranberries may well be a good sub for the dried cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Bowl (Or Any Day) Chocolate Cupcakes W/Cabernet
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: