this is a duncan hines recipe that is too good for words. really.
Make and share this Sunshine Lemon Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Stir together cake mix, butter and egg.
- Spread mixture evenly into bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Blend together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over top of cake mix mixture.
- Bake for 23 to 27 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 1 1/2x3 1/4-inch bars.
Not like traditional lemon bars but you can't beat how simple and tasty they are.
This was so quick and easy. I used my own lemon juice from my trees that I had frozen into ice cubes. If you like lemon meringue pie, you'll love this. Definite keeper!! Thanks for a quick dessert. UPDATE 4-9-09: Made these again for hubby's work. I love how easy this is and tasty.
I made these last night to use up a lemon cake mix I've had lying around and a can of sweetened condensed milk. They were so easy! Took them to work today and got compliments from everyone. Thank you for a great recipe!