1/5 Photos of Sunrise Biscotti
This refreshing biscotti is brightened up by the beautiful colors of the blood orange. White chocolate & honey add sweetness. This recipe was developed as an entry in the Ready Set Cook #11 contest. I personally like my biscotti a little softer, so it can be enjoyed as a cookie by itself or for dipping in my morning coffee. For a crispier cookie, increase bake times 5-10 minutes each.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In large mixer bowl, add sugar, butter and honey.
- 3Grate the peel from the blood orange using the large side of the cheese grater. Take care not to grate the pith (the white layer between peel and fruit). Add grated peel to mixer bowl.
- 4Cut orange in half and squeeze juice out of both halves; add to bowl.
- 5Cream all together til light and fluffy.
- 6Add almond extract and then both eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 7Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
- 8With wooden spoon, stir in chopped pecans and white chocolate chips.
- 9Dough will be slightly sticky.
- 10Turn out onto lightly floured surface and divide into two halves.
- 11Using your hands, roll one half into a 10-12 inch log and place lengthwise on greased cookie sheet.
- 12Gently flatten log into a long rectangle about 2-1/2 inches wide.
- 13Repeat with second half of dough, leaving about 3 inches between flattened logs on cookie sheet.
- 14Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until a pale gold color.
- 15Remove from oven but leave logs on baking sheet til cool enough to handle.
- 16Gently transfer to cutting board and slice each log on a diagonal into 1-inch wide slices.
- 17Return to baking sheet and arrange so that there is a little space between each cookie.
- 18Return to oven and bake 10 minutes, then turn each cookie over to expose the opposite cut side and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden and crisp.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunrise Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1005 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g