Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you do not have Sundrop at your local store you can also use Mt Dew or any type of soda like that.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (2 layer)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can Sundrop soda or 1 (12 ounce) can Mountain Dew soda
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine the cake mix, Sundrop soda, eggs and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Spoon into a flutes pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- I have used a 9*13 pan also and it works just the same.
I used mountain dew and frosted with lemon cream cheese frosting. Very well received by all at a family picnic. A great lemon cake.
My daughter in law made this for Thanksgiving and it was delish...sweet but not over the top. Retained a little bit of the tartness...very good.