1/2 Photos of Summer Lemon Sugar Cookies
Clovis Ann's Note:
I call these "summer" cookies because I made them for a June graduation party. They are very refreshing and light. Top with a lemon glaze and you have perfection! I received this recipe in a newsletter from the Old Farmer's Almanac.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar; add eggs, beating well.
- 3Beat in lemon rind and juice.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture, then stir in oats.
- 5Chill dough thoroughly (at least 2 hours).
- 6Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place onto greased cookie sheets, allowing room for cookies to spread.
- 7Using a flat-bottomed glass or custard cup that has been greased and dipped into sugar, flatten each ball to a 1/4 inch thickness (dip the glass into sugar each time).
- 8Bake at 375 degrees F until lightly browned around the edges, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- 9Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then carefully move to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Lemon Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g